No. 474, an L2b Mikado built by Baldwin in 1923, was primarily a freight engine; some were equipped for passenger use. It had 26x30 cylinders, 63 drive wheels, 80 overall length, was fitted with superheaters. Originally No. 8374.

 

from "A Brief History: The Milwaukee Road"

Published by the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad Company in 1968

Click here for a guide to this website

Contact Webmaster

Please sign the Guestbook !

Last Updated: March 03, 2009