Built in 1946
by Fairbanks, Morse & Co. and the General Electric Company. The units
of these locomotives can be coupled to make 4000 h.p. (2-unit) or 6000
h.p. (3-unit) locomotives. Each unit is equipped with a 2000 h.p.
Diesel engine-generator which supplies electricity to four geared
traction motors. The coupled length of each unit is 64 ft. 10 in.;
total weight, 328,800 Lbs.