Built in 1950 by
Electro-Motive Division, General Motors Corporation. This 3-unit
freight locomotive is rated at 4500 horse power. Each of three Diesel
engines drives an electric generator which produces 1500 horse power
at full load speed, 800 r.p.m. Traction motors are geared to 40-inch
driving wheels. Equipped with dynamic brakes for controlling train's
speed on descending grades, and train radio.